cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Officially rename the project to Apache CXF
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:26:27 GMT

> On 10/9/06, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
> > 14 +1s (12 binding)
> > 1 +0s (1 binding)
> > 1 0s (1 binding)
> > 1 -1 (1 binding)
> >
> > Congrats!   We have a name, at least for now.     :-)
>
> doesnt apache style voting work in a way that one -1 is a veto and
> thus the proposal cant be accepted?

From:
http://apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Votes on procedural issues follow the common format of majority rule
unless otherwise stated. That is, if there are more favourable votes than
unfavorable ones, the issue is considered to have passed.

For the most part, there are only two votes where a -1 is a veto:

1) Code modifications - the -1 must also have a technical reason for the
veto.

2) In the Incubator, the iPMC can "veto" a release.   Like a code
modification, there should be a technical reason that the podling should
fix to turn the -1 into a +1.    Out of the incubator, a release isn't
veto-able.

Enjoy!
--
J. Daniel Kulp