cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Where do all the protocols come from in the DestinationFactoryManager?
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:00:39 GMT
Working on the cxf-geronimo integration I finally convinced cxf to
stop trying to create a jetty5 server by replacing all the registered
destination factories in the DestinationFactoryManager:

         DestinationFactoryManager destinationFactoryManager =
bus.getExtension(DestinationFactoryManager.class);
         DestinationFactory factory = new GeronimoDestinationFactory
(bus);
         destinationFactoryManager.registerDestinationFactory("http://
cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration", factory);
         destinationFactoryManager.registerDestinationFactory("http://
www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/bindings/HTTP/", factory);
         destinationFactoryManager.registerDestinationFactory("http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http", factory);
         destinationFactoryManager.registerDestinationFactory("http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/", factory);
         destinationFactoryManager.registerDestinationFactory("http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/", factory);
         destinationFactoryManager.registerDestinationFactory("http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/http", factory);
         destinationFactoryManager.registerDestinationFactory
(XMLConstants.NS_XML_FORMAT, factory);
         EndpointImpl publishedEndpoint = publishEndpoint(target);
         destination = (GeronimoDestination)
publishedEndpoint.getServer().getDestination();

(there were actually a couple others that don't seem to cause
immediate problems)

geronimo is listening for http requests and feeding them into cxf,
which seems to take over the function of the HTTPFactory that was
previously registered, I have to wonder what the function of
registering these protocols is, whether they all need to be
registered, and if not how to prevent the jetty5 destination factory
from being registered.

thanks
david jencks