cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Ma" <jim...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Usage of WebService annotations...
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 04:09:01 GMT
Hi Balaji,

I think this is an issue in runtime . WebMethod annotation can be omitted if
it have the default value.

I will log this issue in JIRA and fix it .

Jim
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Balaji Ravi [mailto:balajimravi@gmail.com]
  Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 2:28 AM
  To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
  Subject: Usage of WebService annotations...

  Hi,

  The WSDLToJava code generators when generating code for the attached wsdl
doesn't put the endpointInterfaceName & the portName in the WebService
annotation & this is causing some problems in the runtime when i try to
initialize a server. I have also attached the impl & the interface classes.

  It looks like the runtime shouldn't depend on it, so i dont think it is a
bug in the code generator.

  Here is the problem:

  When we try to create a service using the ReflectionServiceFactoryBean, we
initialize all the WSDL Operations. This then calls the isValidMethod on
each java method in the implementor class. This call gets forwarded to the
JaxwsServiceConfiguration isOperation method where it fails to get the
WebMethod Annotation from the implementor class and thereby rejecting all
the valid methods.

  If i put the WebMethod annotation in the impl class, everything is fine.
It doesn't seem to get the WebMethod from the base interface. Did i miss
something?

  - Balaji