cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: context question between transport and jaxws front end
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:05:32 GMT

Hi Willem,

I'm not sure there's a problem here.

The JMS transport wouldn't have a direct dependency on the JAX-WS, just
an assumption that the frontend (whether JAX-WS or not) provides some
mechanism to pass context information between the application and the
Message thats passed to JMSConduit.send() and returned via the
MessageObserver.onMessage(). In the case of JAX-WS, this mechanism is
the BindingProvider.get{Request|Response}Context() API. However it could
be something completely different for another frontend. In any case, the
transport doesn't need to know the detail of this mechanism, it may
simply assume some analogous mechanism is supported.

Any properties available in the context are automatically reflected in
the Message and vice versa, as the JAX-WS context implementations are
simply wrappers around the Message.

Cheers,
Eoghan