cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Transport API questions
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:46:00 GMT

> I was thinking more like - why have the transport info anywhere other
> than the message. So lets take the case of an outgoing
> message. When we
> need to set the Conduit, we just make sure there is already
> an outgoing
> message at exchange.getOutMessage.

Yeah OK, that makes sense.

> I still think we should create the message outside the
> transport, but I
> think we just need to define exactly when that time is. I
> think one good
> option is to set up a default outgoing message/conduit if its
> a two way
> exchange.  Then addressing can come by and override in its
> interceptor.
> What do you think?

Why not decouple the creation of the outgoing message from the retreival
of the conduit? The OutgoingChainSetupInterceptor will handle retreiving
the Conduit on demand if the outgoing Message.getConduit() is null.

In any case, the WS-A layer will have interpreted the incoming
wsa:ReplyTo (and arranaged for a "202 Accepted" partial response to be
sent if the replyTo is non-ananymous) long before an outgoing
message/chain/Conduit is required (i.e. during the inward chain
traversal).

Cheers,
Eoghan