cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: logos...
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:20:09 GMT
The use of Apache <whatever> is required in
textual documents, such as documentation and
especially in PR and PR-type announcements. The
reason is simply because we (the ASF) need to
protect our marks. As far as having the
word "Apache" in logos, it's not required.

For incubator podlings, until graduation,
any description of the project must make
it clear that it is an Incubator project.
Thus, we cannot call it Apache CXF for
example, unless we make it very, very
clear that CXF is still in the incubator.