cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Balaji Ravi" <balajimr...@gmail.com>
Subject Transport API (setMessageObserver)
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:34:31 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to write a custom transport & i have an issue with using the
setMessageObserver to start my endpoint. I see that this method is the prime
driver for starting & stopping an endpoint.

According to the documentation, this method is for registering a message
observer for incoming messages. But from the http transport, i see that this
method is used to start the jetty engine & if null is passed to it, the
endpoint is removed. Why can't we have two separate methods to do these 2
different functionality? Something like an activate/deactivate...

- Balaji