cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jiang Ning <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject What kind of components should be managed in CXF
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 03:08:30 GMT
Hi,

I am going to start to instrument the CXF runtime components [1], so I
want to start a thread to discuss the requirements of CXF runtime
components management.
The general framework CXF management ideal is based on the Celtix,  each
managed component has an instrumentation object to wrap the management
information which can be described by annotation and the instrumentation
object can be export to JMX as MBean dynamically.
So we can go through to see what kind of components should be managed in
CXF.
Because of the management mainly on the server side, we main focus on
the  endpoint which has been published by  CXF.
The hierarchy of the server side components just like the service model.
    Server
        Endpoint
        Binding
        Transport
Each of these components should have its name (QName), states attributes
and some other important attibutes.

The core components of runtime
     ActiveQueue

Some key feature's configuration of the CXF, such as
   SchameValidation
   MTOM Enabled

Please feel free to add you comments.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-70