cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Provider/Dispath demo not working now
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:02:26 GMT
Hi James,

James Mao wrote:
> +1 I agree.
>
> We should add more unit/system tests to identify the problem.
>
> Since you modified the code, can you create a jira task just describe
> why it should be modified, what's the problem of previous code, and
> how are you going to implement it?
Well I was hoping you would do it as you added the demo, but I can give
it a looksie.
> And also add the unit/system tests to cover the scenario which
> previous tests not covered.
> And also should make sure the previous unit/system tests and demos are
> working properly.
>
> BTW, i'm really not fan of current modification, to reduce 10 lines of
> code, we just added at least three classes and bunch of code, it's
> really harder to maintain than the duplicated 10 lines of code.

ProviderServiceFactoryBean and WebServiceProviderConfiguration? Well
there were several reasons:
1. I feel its good encapsulation, as I don't think all that logic should
be in EndpointImpl.
2. we weren't building up a service model for the code first approach
before which we need to do.
3. I refactored things to use the MethodDispatcher and this was an easy
way to get the MethodDispatcher set up

I'm also close to being able to remove ProviderChainObserver &
ProviderInvoker, so I don't think all is lost :-)

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions