cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jiang Ning <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject Re: How can I setup the configuration for management
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:01:41 GMT
Hi Andrea

Just a quick question about your latest commit which includes an
management configuration.
   <bean id="org.apache.cxf.management.InstrumentationManager"
abstract="true">
I checked abstract with the spring reference :

Is this bean "abstract", i.e. not meant to be instantiated itself but
rather just serving as parent for concrete child bean definitions.

I can't tell which is the parent and which is child.

I got the example from spring reference CH3
<bean id="inheritedTestBeanWithoutClass" abstract="true">
    <property name="name" value="parent"/>
    <property name="age" value="1"/>
</bean>

<bean id="inheritsWithClass" class="org.springframework.beans.DerivedTestBean"
    parent="inheritedTestBeanWithoutClass" init-method="initialize">
  <property name="name" value="override"/>
  /<!-- age will inherit value of 1 from parent -->/
</bean>

So org.apache.cxf.management.InstrumentationManager just the Templet bean.
How can this bean value be set to InstrumentationManagerConfigBean?
What does the bean's id mean to InstrumentationManagerConfigBean which is really used in management?

Thanks

Willem.