cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: SAAJ Construction Proposal
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:45:53 GMT
Well the MessageFactory takes an InputStream for construction, so
underneath it uses SAX. Agreed that SAAJ is mighty unpleasant though.

Dan K pointed out that lazy loading the body may not be possible because
by proxying the SOAPEnvelope, SAAJBody/SAAJHeader.getParentElement()
won't return the proxy. So we may just have to construct the SAAJ
message as a whole and just avoid SAAJ as much as possible. Another
option would be to use Axiom, however I'm not really keen on adding more
dependencies and tying ourselves to a specific SAAJ implementation.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions