cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Tooling Proposal [was Re: tooling and service model]
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:29:30 GMT
The current dependency path will change as part of the proposal. The
path will then be API <- RT <- Tools. The JAX-WS module would then
contain a default plugin profile for the tools to generate JAX-WS
artifacts. This is why I said we should copy tools to tools2: that way
we can change the dependency path without breaking the build for a week :-)

- Dan

Liu, Jervis wrote:

>Hi Dan, one more question, I am not sure how its going to work if tools depened on core.
Based on our current dependency path, tools <- API <- rt, if  we make tools depending
on rt, isnt it a circular dependency?

should be no more than a week's work (or sth around that). In a previous thread, James and
Jim already mentioned that they are interested in working on this, I may also want to pick
up some taskes in the area once I get the JAW-WS handler stories done. Regarding item 6, the
replacement of code model, the work itself should be straightforward, just a lot of changes
involved, so its a bit hard to give an estimate at this moment, but we shall know once we
are starting working on this.

>BTW, are we still planing anything for next month's Apache-con? I am not sure how this
can be done without being able to publish CXF snapshot to public repository.

>Cheers,
>Jervis

probably broke some kind of apache taboo.

>>I get the impression that in Apache the normal kind of "why waste time rewriting something
that works" kind of argument doeant hold water because there is no concept of schedule.  If
the result is cleaner code, then there is a good arument for doing it.

>>I suspect you'll get flamed :-)
>>
>>-steph

and to do any refactoring only for meeting new requirements. These tools are fundamental to
application users and IONA has spent tremendous effort in the past year to maintain and tune
the Celtix tools, making sure that it passes all kinds of complex WSDL and Schema, including
many issues reported by Celtix users. [1].

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053