cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl needs additional constructors
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:45:08 GMT
Hi Seumas,

I think thats a good plan. Can you file a JIRA for this?

- Dan

Soltysik, Seumas wrote:

>Currently Endpoint impl has the following constructor:
>  public EndpointImpl(Bus b, Object implementor, String uri)
>
>This constructor extracts annotation information from the implementor object in order
to create the Endpoint. However, if a user wants to over-ride one of the annotation values
such as the wsdlLocation value they cannot do this. This situation happens when a implementation
is code generated and then the location of the wsdl changes. This could happen if you are
packaging up a endpoint along with a wsdl for deployment into a container.

>I think what is needed is a more flexible constructor that looks something like this:
>
>public EndpointImpl(Bus b, Object implementor, Service s, String portname)
>
>This way a user is free to contruct their own Service from a wsdl not specified by the
WSDL location.

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053