cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jiang Ning <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject context question between transport and jaxws front end
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:34:51 GMT
Hi

When I do some clean up work of  JMS work and found out that JMS system
test and demo provide a feature that the Application code can get the
JMS message header information from the
BindingProvider.getResponseContext and setup the JMS message header into
the RequestContext.  The demo code is in the JMSClientServerTest's
utestContextPropogation(). It can't work currently, because the JAXWS
front end provide  the context transfer between the JAXWS front end and
Messages which are used in the core runtime.

If I want to make the current CXF JMSTransport support this feature, the
easiest way is to add the JMS message header context to the
BindingProviderImpl's responseContext which in the JAXWS front end and
read the JAXWS front end context information in JMSTransport module. But
I remember that DanK had said that transport module should not depend on
the JAXWS front end.

If we want keep the transport module have no dependence on the JAXWS
front end, all the JAXWS front end context setup work will be done in
the JAXWS front end by reading the context information from the Message
or Exchange Message context.
How can the front end know which  message context will be set to the
JAXWS front end's context and  How can JAXWS context be set to the
runtime Message context?

I have a raw ideal about the context setting implementation between the
transport module and the front end by using the context copy between the
JAXWS front end and runtime Message, but it would take some cpu time
when the context is huge :(.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Willem