cxf-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: loadAndRegister transport factories
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 03:49:29 GMT
I guess you already enabled the transport factory to allow inject the
resource, if so it should allow your to load your transport plugin, just
specify the transport uri into the bus-extension.

And the rt should looking for the addresss uri in your wsdl as the
transport id, i guess the address uri in your wsdl is different from the
one you specified in bus-extension.

You just gave the snippet of the bus-extension. can you also gave the
snippet of your wsdl:service. that might help to find the problem.

Cheers,
James.

Shaw, Richard A 写道:
> Why are the transport factory extensions loaded using the binding namespaces ?
>
> My transport extension has the following bus-extensions.xml file -
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <extensions xmlns="http://cxf.apache.org/bus/extension">
>
>     <extension class="org.apache.cxf.transport.ftp.FTPTransportFactory" deferred="true">
>         <namespace>http://cxf.apache.org/transports/ftp</namespace>
>     </extension>
> </extensions>
>

> And it never gets loaded. If I add binding namespace that I'm using then it gets loaded.
I'm using xformat binding at the moment.

> Richard Shaw
>
> ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
>
> Richard Shaw
> Technical Design Authority - Information Solutions Consultancy
> Intelligent Transport Systems
>
> Atkins Highways and Transportation
> Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5BW
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 1372 756407
> Fax: +44 (0) 1372 740055
> Mob: 07740 817586
> E-mail: richard.shaw@atkinsglobal.com
>
> www.atkinsglobal.com/its

recall, I do not think we are anywhere close to reach a conclusion that CXF tools need to
be totally rewritten.

>> If you want to try to refactor the current tools in place, I suppose
>> we could try that. But its a pretty drastic change, so I don't really
>> see a step-wise process to do it. I think it would be better to just
>> write a second set of tools, then when they're ready switch everythign
>> over and delete the old tools.
>>

> Refactoring current tooling or writing a brand-new one are both ok as the ultimate goal
is to have a better tooling. But it would appear to be too early to tore down everything we
already have and invent the wheel from scratch before we can answer questions below:

> 1. Identify exact problems in our current tooling, and what problems can be resolved
through refactoring and what problems can not be resolved elegantly as it is due to core architecture.

> I just went through our mailing list and found following tooling relevant discussions,
do let me know if I am missing anything.

> a. CXF tools need to support WSDL2.0
> b. CXF tools need to support SOAP1.2
> c. We need to reuse Service Model in tools, this will bring us WSDL2.0 and SOPA1.2. There
were some discussions around how to do this. One proposed approach is moving Service Model
as a top level module, one is using Service Model as a plug-in. To me, they are implementation
details and we shall be able to figure out which way is more appropriate when we are doing
this work.
> d. Support multiple databindings and multiple front-end profiles generations. With the
code merged from XFire code base, the current CXF tools should have this capability in place
already.

> Based on this observation, I feel a refactoring is a more practical approach, doing (a)(b)(c)
should be a one week work. At the same time, I have to say some interfaces in our current
tools are a bit confusing, for example, the ToolsContainer interface. This makes new developers
hard to following the tooling architecture in order to do their contributions. I suggest we
do another refactoring on this after getting service Model done. But overall, I do not see
any critical problems that can not resolved through refactorings based on the information
I have right now.

> 2. If we are to write a new tool from scratch, what are the feature list we have in mind,
and how long do we expect to reach this feature list.

> To be honest, I do not really think writing a new tool and make it has all features we
already have is that simple. For example, current wsdl2java give us following options:

> Usage : wsdl2java -p <[wsdl namespace =]Package Name>* -b <binding-name>*
-d <output-directory> -compile -classdir <comp
> ile-classes-directory> -impl -server -client -all -ant -nexclude <schema
> ile-classes-directory> namespace [= java packagename]>* -exsh <enable
> extended soap header message binding (true, false)> -dns <Default value is true>
-dex <Default value is true> -validate -h -v -verbose -quiet <wsdlurl>

> In my experience, a good tool can not turn out in weeks or even in months(presume it
already has a good architecture core), it is a time consuming work, it needs daily and sometimes
tedious work to add features, fix bugs and tune around based on users/customers' input and
real use cases.  Looking at the type test, interop test and the set of system tests (which
are based various bugs discovered by ourselves and customers/users), you will probably feel
our current tools are gradually reaching a mature status. I am pretty sure writing sth from
scratch can always bring better architecture as we can learn a lot from past, but what is
cost? How long do we expect the new tool can reach a same mature status?

>>> Cool, just make sure all the system tests and demos working
>>>
>> properly.
>>
>> I don't usually test demos when I do commits. That would really slow
>> down the development process. If there is something in the demos that
>> isn't covered in the tests, you should add it.
>>
>> - Dan
>>
>> --
>> Dan Diephouse
>> (616) 971-2053
>> Envoi Solutions LLC
>> http://netzooid.com
>>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)
>

> This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are
not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless
otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally
binding.