cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jiang Ning <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Architecture Guide (in Progress)
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:03:37 GMT
Hi Richard,

The current CXF transport API is not coupled with JAWS front end as the
Celtix do. So lots of refactor work need to do when you port the FTP
transport to CXF.
Here are some experience of porting Celtix JMS transport to CXF. I hope
they could help you when you start to port FTP transport from Celtix to CXF.

If we map Conduit with client side for send message and Destination with
the server side for receive message, the code could be much easy for the
readers.
The most important thing is that CXF using Stax (Streaming API for XML)
to handle the XML, so transport should treat the message as a stream.
Current transports in CXF have to build up the Stream for sending or
receiving the message.
And the Conduit send method is not  actually send out message and just
prepare for OutPutStream for sending.

Cheers.
Willem.

Shaw, Richard A wrote:

>This is great - I wish it had existed two days ago before I used the debugger to work
out for myself how it worked.

>I'm just looking at migrating my FTP transport from Celtix to CXF and am finding it a
little daunting at the moment. I was having trouble trying to work out where the receipt happens
- didn't expect Destination to be where the message was received.

>Richard Shaw
>
>¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
>
>Richard Shaw
>Technical Design Authority - Information Solutions Consultancy
>Intelligent Transport Systems
>
>Atkins Highways and Transportation
>Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5BW
>
>Tel: +44 (0) 1372 756407
>Fax: +44 (0) 1372 740055
>Mob: 07740 817586
>E-mail: richard.shaw@atkinsglobal.com
>
>www.atkinsglobal.com/its

people may be interested in it in the mean time.

>Cheers,
>- Dan
>
>--
>Dan Diephouse
>(616) 971-2053
>Envoi Solutions LLC
>http://netzooid.com
>

>This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)
>

>This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are
not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless
otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally
binding.