cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: tooling and service model
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:59:50 GMT
James Mao wrote:

>> I don't think there is any sense in adding soap 1.2 to the current
>> tool set if we're just going to rewrite it anyway. I'd just assume
>> start on the new tools now.
>
> I'm also OK with totally refactoring as long as each commit will not
> brake all the unit tests and all the system tests and all the demos.
> And I think we'd better have a plan in advance.

I would like to start a set of parallel tool modules. Say create a
directory called tools2 and get things working there. Once we're ready
we can work on switching the whole build to the new tools.

>> I was looking through this today, and I think it needs to change a
>> little. Basically in the Dispatch we should be able to reuse the
>> Client which contains all the message exchange logic - instead of
>> duplicating it in Dispatch like we do now.
>
> Yes, i agree, i'm also thinking of reuse the code in the clientimpl,
> but i haven't figure out a good way to reduce the code and also keep
> the code simple.
> Any good suggestion?

I'm in the midst of refactoring this now. I probably won't get the code
in until tomorrow though. I'll try to explain once I get it finished :-)

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053