cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: maven_repo location
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:07:24 GMT
Hi Richard,

By default, your local maven repository gets created in "Documents and
Settings\<user>\.m2\repository (on Windows, ~/.m2/repository on UNIX).
You can change that  by setting system property
-Dmaven.repo.local="<your local repository>" - ideally, add this to your
MAVEN_OPTS.

Hope that helps,
Andrea.

Shaw, Richard A wrote:

>I'm not not familiar with Maven and pom files so could somebody please answer this question
-

>Where does it decide where to create maven_repo ?
>
>Looking at my machine after doing the install most of the maven_repo is located in my
home drive, but a bit of it has been located under the root directory that I have loaded the
source of CXF into.

>The reason I ask (apart form it being inconsistent across the project) is that my home
drive is a synchronised drive on my laptop and causes me no end of trouble. Not least the
amount of money my server team charge me for the disk space on the server.

>So my next question would be how do I tell it to use a different location - do I change
HOME_PATH in my environment ?

>Thanks
>
>Richard Shaw
>

>This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are
not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless
otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally
binding.