cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Moving XJC plugins into common?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:49:50 GMT
James Mao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of moving the xjc plugins into common module.
> I just read the pom.xml in xjc plugins seems there are no relationship
> with tools

No, there is no dependency on other tools modules, only on cxf-common
and third party stuff. The reason these plugins are in tools is that
they are, well, tools.

> The benefit of xjc plugins in the common module is that the tools can
> also use xjc to generate the code.
> Any objections?

No objections, but I don't see the need. What code is generated in
tools, and which part of the code generation requires these xjc plugins?

Andrea.