cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: tooling and service model
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:22:04 GMT
James Mao wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Actually Tom and I already started working on that. and we will create
> jira tasks, later you can review and comment on that.
> And i think WSDL2 is going to next Milestone, right? I think SOAP1.2
> is more important than WSDL2 at moment.

I don't think there is any sense in adding soap 1.2 to the current tool
set if we're just going to rewrite it anyway. I'd just assume start on
the new tools now.

> I have finished the Dispatch/Provider with XML/HTTP support , and i
> think Jervis have got the provider based RESTful service working, and
> later he will add the demo to show how it works.

I was looking through this today, and I think it needs to change a
little. Basically in the Dispatch we should be able to reuse the Client
which contains all the message exchange logic - instead of duplicating
it in Dispatch like we do now.

> Pretty much like the provider based RESTful service in JAX-WS RI.
> For the provider based RESTful service, seems that there's no need to
> get the tools support REST. Can you provide other use cases which need
> tools support.

WSDL 2 has an HTTP GET/PUT/POST/DELETE binding. This is the usecase I'm
working toward.

> I know the provider based RESTful service is just a small start though.

I have some annotations & ideas I want to plan around with, so I'll
probably be doing some hacking here as well.

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse