cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Pre-requisite for WS_RM: WS_Addressing etc
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 17:30:39 GMT
Glynn, Eoghan wrote:

>Jervis,
>
>I'm working on WS-Adressing support. The current status is that the
>SOAP-specific piece is complete and committed, and I'm working on the
>SOAP-independent bit.
>
>The other main prerequisite for RM is decoupled response correlation,
>which I intend to work on next week.

I was thinking to do correlations, we could have a
CorrelationInterceptor which you can supply a Correlator to. The
correlator would just have one method:

Exchange correlate(Collection<Exchange> exchanges, Message m);

So on one endpoint, which was receiving responses from clients, we would
be able to search through all the exchanges and find the appropriate
one. In the case of ws-addressing, this would be based on the message id.

>One final issue we probably want to address also is that all the
>interceptor chain participation is currently API-driven - i.e.
>inpterceptors are added to the relevant chains programmatically via
>InterceptorProvider.get{In|Out|Fault}Interceptors().add() as opposed to
>a configuration-driven mechanism. The latter will be increasingly called
>for in order to engage the RM interceptors, as one of the goals of
>Celtix RM support was to allow reliability to be introduced without any
>changes to application code. So maybe a config mechanism for interceptor
>chains would be a good initial task for you?

Can you explain a bit more what you're thinking? I can't say I've
thought about this too much, but would people need to specific
interceptors? Or would it be a more - here is the WsRmBean which acts on
my service and enables rm with the policy I created?

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse