cxf-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: REST support proposal for review
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 03:22:29 GMT
I think you are right, I read an article before, and what it said is
that the basic idea of REST is that it use the URI as a real resource
identifier rather than a remote procedure call which is not REST thinking.

For CXF, I think what we need to solve are two problems,
1. Will CXF need to be able to publish the RESTful service?
2. Will CXF need to be able to consume the RESTful service?

I think the answer is definitely YES, for the first one, the first step,
i guess we can use the Provider based xml/http to publish the Restful
service. then what we need is that for the xml/http it should be able to
get the http context from the transport.
For the consumer part, i guess what we need is that the client should be
able to send out the GET http request, and the URI it use can be
dynamically constructed.

What i haven't figure out is that the RESTful service will still need
WSDL? or what'll we benefit from the wsdl in RESTful service.

Cheers,
James.

Steve Vinoski 写道: