cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Configuration Proposal
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:22:48 GMT

>> Then you'd have JettyHTTPDestination extends
>> HTTPDestinationConfiguration - so it has the four getters and setters
>> and need to call onto configuration,getObject(...) any more.
>> This alone does not need a xjc plugin - plain xjc will do. But in
>> order to make the generated HTTPDestinationConfiguration more
>> intelligent you need an xjc plugin that e.g. causes
>> HTTPDestinationConfiguration  extends AbstractConfigurableBaseBean
>> and the setters add a call to 'notifyListeners'  (from
>> AbstractConfigurableBaseBean).
>

> What if we used Aspects for cases where we needed notifications?
> Seems like it would make things a bit simpler.
> Cheers,
> - Dan

Good idea - though I don't know yet how to do that, so for now changing
the generated getters is much easier.
Also I'd be careful of using aspectJ too much as it definitely hits
performance - not sure how much of course (I believe it's doing byte
code instrumentation).
Guess we have to experiment with it a bit.

Andrea.