cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Configuration Proposal
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:12:15 GMT
Johnson, Eric wrote:

>Questions:
>* When you say "User would supply a /META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml file which
>would override the default beans in cxf-*.xml." Does this mean the user
>*must* put the config files there? Or can the configuration file be
>placed in some other location?

The user could potentially specify a property for a different location.
But it would be nice to a have a default location that the container looks.

>* How would this work with policies that are specified in the WSDL? For
>example, in Celtix there are a number of WSDL extensors that allow for
>configuration of JMS endpoint behavior.

The WSDL->service model converter would parse out the extensors into
jaxb objects and stick them in the service model. These could then be
pulled out via a contextual lookup which searches the message,
operation, endpoint, etc for the extensor. If an extensor isn't found,
the injected one would be used. For instance, with an HTTPServerPolicy,
it could be pulled out of the EndpointInfo and if there wasn't one
found, the injected one would be used by default.

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053