cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Configuration Proposal
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 21:57:13 GMT
Andrea started on a configuration design page which summarizes the
discussions to make sure we're meeting our requirements:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Configuration+Design

I've added our out of the box scenario so that we can understand how
things would work for the various requirements.

Andrea: I have a couple questions about the things that need to be done
list that I was hoping you could answer:
> Split the old configuration metadata files into a pure schema part and
> an optional xml file containing default values (for complex elements).
I'm not sure what this means. Can you elaborate?
> Write xjc plugin to code generate base beans from schema. In the
> future, other stuff could be generated also (such as aop.xml files for
> load-time weaving in aspectJ).
Is this for something like combining HTTPDestination with its
HTTPServerPolicy object so the configuration bean and the component are
the same?

> # In a first step (pre-aspectJ) complement the call to new XYZ() with
> a configurer.configure(XYZ) and provide a Spring based implementation
> of a configurer. This would set ApplicationContext,
> BeanWiringInfoResolver, cause injection to be performed and invoke
> init methods, BeanFactoryPostProcessors etc..
Can we put together a list of scenarios where we need to do this? The
big case seems to be when you're using the JAX-WS static apis and need
to customize transports/etc. I have a rough idea how this works in my
head, but I feel like its kind of nebulous yet.

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse