cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Analoge for SOAPMessage MimeHeaders?
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:37:05 GMT
Glynn, Eoghan wrote:

>>I agree, this would be a good thing to have. I don't know
>>that setHeaders is the right place as this could be used in a
>>REST binding too.
>>
>>I would outline two other goals as we figure something out:
>>1. Get rid of Message.getAttachmentMimeType 2. Unify the
>>mechanism with the Attachment class's methods for getting headers
>>
>>As SAAJ always scares me a little (for instance MimeHeaders
>>uses a Vector according to the constructor?), I would be more
>>prone to use using a Map and putting it in the Message -
>>message.get(MIME_HEADERS)
>>

>Yep, a named property of type Map<Sting, List<String>> makes sense.

Cool, I'm down with that.

>>and then also declaring a
>>getMimeHeaders() on Attachment. What do you think?
>>

>What would be a typical use case for specifying *different* MIME headers
>on an attachement versus the associated message?

Thats a good question, which I don't have an answer to. Now that you
bring it up, I don't think its needed at all. We've inverted the way
XFire does attachments, so I guess we can get rid of itall. We still
need to be able to set whether or not the attachment is XOP optimized or
not (i.e. the content-encoding header), but that doesn't necessitate a
full blown MIME interface.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse