cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Configuration Requirements CXF
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:14:04 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:

> I updated the page with these things and several of my own.
>
> I think the Spring approach that I roughly outlined can meet the
> criteria, although a few tweaks are probably in order for discovery.

Futher tweaks may also be necessary to meet the "Minimal Effort to
Achieve non-Default Behaviour" requirement. In the earlier mentioned
example of how to change a particular property for a HTTP destination a
user ideally only specifies the bean presenting the HTTP destination in
his user.xml file - rather than repeating the standard instructions of
how that object is created and how it's hung up in the hierarchy of
other objects created on behalf of the user's Endpoint.publish(...)
invocation.
Spring 2.0 AOP (see [1], [2]) could be the solution to that.

Andrea.

[1]
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/aop.html#aop-atconfigurable

[2]