cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jiang Ning <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Configuration Requirements CXF
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:18:25 GMT
Hi,
Just some comments on "JMX Users should be able to tweak the
configuration at runtime."

1. Which configuration instance the JMX should hold for  maintenance of
consistency

If the JMX get the core component's configuration object's instance ,
the JMX's configuration will take effect on the components self
effectively. It is simple, but the configuration instance will be
separated in everywhere of core.

If the JMX just get the configuration instance from the CXF
configuration API, there should be an event for core components which
use the configuration can be notified when the configuration are
changed. This will make the configuration API more complex.

2. There is an issue about using Jconsole to modify the configuration.
As you know Jconsole  just  display the primary object in its GUI,  I
think  if we  want to  provide  a  more powerful  management  console,
we should  do it  by our self.

Thanks,

Willem.