cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Debbie Moynihan" <debbiemoyni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Do we want to change the name
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 00:40:07 GMT
Well I believe that if you don't like a name then at least a better one
should be proposed.  While some suggestions have been interesting, I haven't
seen any suggestions so far that are super compelling.  I have been reading
them all and was curious to see if someone would come up with a better
name.  I thought Foam was an interesting concept for example, although I
believe that one had some trademark issues.  I didn't personally have
anything to do with selecting the "Celtix" or "XFire" names for either
project and the idea of picking a new name was somewhat attractive when I
was working on the proposal for merging these projects and moving the code
to Apache.  Then we brainstormed and ran into a lot of difficulty finding a
name that is meaningful and has no trademark issues.  I thought that a lot
of people were interested in this project because the code and individuals
from XFire and the code and individuals from Celtix are very high quality
and complementary in many ways and as a single project and community with a
focused effort it can be even better and even more people would want to use
and get involved with this project.  From that perspective, I thought that
the CeltiXfire name was appropriate.

- 1 to changing