cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Hani Suleiman <h...@formicary.net>
Subject Re: [vote] Do we want to change the name
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 01:07:34 GMT
How about a variant of foam? xfoam? foamix? I think we can round up a
good list of name candidates between us and pick one that most are
happy with.

While celtixfire is the most politically correct name, and most
'accurate', it's an awful name from every other perspective. Our
package names won't match, it's not easy to type or say, and is prone
to various awkward abbreviations (as someone else has pointed out).
If the project is a success (and we all think it will be) then the
name will become more and more meaningless as time goes on.

It's not hard to imagine a future where it's taken off and has enough
momentum and reach as its own thing that people won't know/care about
the name origins, and instead will just wonder why such a great
project has such a silly name ;)