cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.John...@iona.com>
Subject Walking the maze (was RE: Wiki and Web)
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:14:55 GMT
Oisin,
The tension between the web, or maze, like structure of a wiki and the
linear structure of what we consider a book, article, etc has been
around since Vannevar Bush first conceived of his memex.
The easiest answer to merging the two is that some "expert" collates the
links into paths through the maze that connect nodes that make sense
semantically. It would be an interesting, but not related to the goals
of cxf, challenge to build tools that could automate this process.
Debbie's idea of using a navigation bar on the wiki will help.
Cheers,
Eric