cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.John...@iona.com>
Subject RE: [vote] Do we want to change the name
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:39:34 GMT
+0 to changing the name.
While there is obviously a sizable number of people who dislike the
name, there is also a number of people who do like it. I personally
don't like the name much, but I don't hate it either. There are good
reasons to keep it, unless a better name can be found.
To date, the best proposal is using the shorthand CXF to refer to the
project. This way we can keep the name, and have a palatable nickname.
It never hurt WPI, RPI, or MIT to have two names....