cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin, Bozhong" <Bozhong....@iona.com>
Subject RE: Distribution questions
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 06:14:19 GMT
Hi Richard,

Additional comments inline.

Cheers,
Bo

[Bozhong Lin] we consiously make this way since we do not want kit building to be done every
time when developers are doing regular build during development, since this would add longer
time to regular build. If one needs kit, one can switch to "distribution" and do the kit building.
What does other people think about this? do we need to include kit building in top level POM?

> 2 - it's not clear which of the files in the target directory
> are the ones to be deployed

[Bozhong Lin] cxf-2.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT-bin.jar is the only jar needs to be deployed.

> 3 - should the manifest of cxf.jar have the name of the
> installer class in it as the Main-Class

[Bozhong Lin] cxf.jar is the facade jar that will find all jars needed by runtime, so one
only needs to set classpath to cxf.jar and it will take care of the rest.

> 4 - the batch files in the celtixfire\bin directory still
> have CELTIX_HOME in them

[Bozhong Lin] will fix this.

> 5 - should the distribution directory be called cxf instead
> of celtixfire

[Bozhong Lin] that can be changed. What do other folks think about this? we basically have
three options for installed directory name: CXF, cxf, and celtixfire. If we adopt CXF or cxf
directory name, "CeltiXfire" name effectively dies.

> 6 - running the hello_world example throws an unmarshalling
> exception in the pingMe call which is supposed to return a fault -

[Bozhong Lin] fault feature is not completely done yet.