cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Jervis" <j...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Simple Frontend
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 03:44:14 GMT

Can you elaborate on the "simple frontend module" please? What info does this module contain
and who is supposed to use this frontend module? Also how does this relate to ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
and JaxWsServiceFactoryBean?

> For those of you are wondering why have a ReflectionServiceFactory
> anyway, there are xfire users out there who don't use JAX-WS, and I'd
> like to continue supporting that. In addition, I think it
> promotes good
> separation of the jax-ws layer and gives us a nice base if we
> ever want
> to develop other frontend apis.

+1. This layered frontend model is also consistent with the idea of having a generic service
model and an extened Jax-ws frontend service model.