cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Tests that test what they claim to test....
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:17:43 GMT

I know this should be obvious, but.....

When writing a test, it's probably a good idea to make sure the test really is
testing what it's supposed to be testing.   While working on the performance
stuff, I completely disabled the MTOM support in the SOAP binding.   Imagine
my surprise when several of the MTOM tests still passed.

Looking at the tests, there was nothing that explicitly turned on the MTOM
support.   There was nothing that checked to see if MTOM was on.   No
interceptors or anything was registered to see if the messages really were in
MTOM form.   Etc.....   It really was just testing to see if types with
byte[] parameters could be sent/received.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer