cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Get schema types from JAXB?
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:48:37 GMT
Dan,

> Anyone know if there is a way to get the schema type names from JAXB for
> a particular class? In XFire we always used Aegis for non JAXB types and
> we wrote some code to read the xml type names from the annotations too.
> I don't see anything that covers all the bases in the JAXB apis - so I'm
> wondering what Celtix did.

I don't think we have anything cause I don't think Celtix ever NEEDED that
functionality/information.   What's the use case?

> Basically I'm looking for something that
> returns "xsd:string" when I give it a String.class.

Well, the problem is, String.class can also map to xsd:normalizedString or
some of the SimpleType restrictions.   Thus, that's not reliable.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer