cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Tooling Proposal [was Re: tooling and service model]
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:35:30 GMT
Dan,

> >It looks like a very good plan. Just some concerns about item 6.
> >
> >[1]  Now wsdl2java can generate ant build.xml for user.   ASFAIK  with
> > code model it  will take more effort to do this .
>
> I was just suggesting codemodel for use in gneerating java artifacts.
>
> >[2]  If java2wsdl use the service model  as mediate model to generate
> > wsdl, service model also need to refactor to contain extra information
> > for  wsdl .
>
> I don't know of any such missing information - could you elaborate?

Technically, we should be maintaining comments and annotations to be used for
javadoc comments.  I'm not sure if the current tools do that yet, but they
could/should.   However, this is a case where the usage of the ServiceModel
by the tools is very different than the runtime.   At runtime, we'd like to
discard the comments and such as they would waste precious memory.

Most likely, we'd need to a flag to the WSDLServiceBuilder to specify what
information is discarded and what is set into the model.

Enjoy!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer