cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: maven_repo location
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:38:32 GMT

Richard,

> Where does it decide where to create maven_repo ?

maven_repo is never created.   The only thing maven will create is a
~/.m2/repository directory.   (Although there is a variable to override that)

> Looking at my machine after doing the install most of the maven_repo is
> located in my home drive, but a bit of it has been located under the root
> directory that I have loaded the source of CXF into.

The stuff in cxf/trunk/maven_repo are things that are actually checked into
subversion.   There are a couple jars (jsr181 and jsr250) that are not
available on any public maven repository yet.   Thus, we've checked them into
subversion and we point a "repository" at that local directory so it can find
them.   Maven itself should never write anything into this directory.

We do have JIRA items associated with this issue:

> The reason I ask (apart form it being inconsistent across the project) is
> that my home drive is a synchronised drive on my laptop and causes me no
> end of trouble. Not least the amount of money my server team charge me for
> the disk space on the server.
>
> So my next question would be how do I tell it to use a different location -
> do I change HOME_PATH in my environment ?

That's definitely a better question for the maven users list.

However, there are two options:
1) There is a setting that you can put into your ~/.m2/settings.xml file that
will allow you to change it.   I'm not sure on the setting.   I think it
would be:
<localRepository>/path/to/repository</localRepository>

2) There is a -D flag that can be passed to mvn when you run it.   I THINK
it's "mvn -DlocalRepository=/path/to/repository", but I'm really not sure.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer