cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Configuration APIs
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:55:54 GMT
So assuming all configurable properties of the http client and server
transport are data members of HTTPConduit.java and JettyHTTPDestination
with corresponding getters/setters (whether manually coded or inherited
from a generated POJO, also assume standard getters for now) - how can
we use Spring (for example) to run the ClientServerTest in the systest
module with a non-default value for the contextMatchStrategy field
(picking this one as it's of type String) - without changing the test
code? Any other properties of the transport and other objects (e.g. bus)
should be left at their defaults.

We'll have something like:

<bean id="?" class="org.apache.cxf.transport.http.JettyHTTPDestination">
    <property name="contextMatchStrategy" value="stem"/>
</bean>

But do we need other beans that reference this one? How should the id(s)
be chosen?
And what's the role of HTTPConduitFactory in this - is it not used at
all or is it used as a factory in the above bean definition? Same
question for the BusFactory.

Dan D. - it would help if you could sketch out the steps involved - or
point to code for similar in XFire.

Andrea.