cxf-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: Tooling, Code First Approach & Service Model
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 04:00:30 GMT
Dan Diephouse 写道:
> James Mao wrote:
>

>> Hi Dan,
>>

>>> Its a requirement. XFire supports it and we need a migration path for
>>> users using XMLBeans. XMLBeans provides access to the DOM underneath,
>>> which a lot of people like. Or take JiBX. It is about 2x faster than
>>> JAXB. There are a lot of pros and cons to the different databinding
>>> toolkits. Which one you use really depends on your situation.
>>>

>> I mean the tools works fine with jaxb, and currently i don't think that
>> we need to support all the databindings.
>> There are tons of databinding implementation out there[1], and there
>> will have more new databindings emerging .
>> Are we going to support all of those databindings? and Why the user need
>> to care which databinding they are using?
>>
>> Maybe it's true for rt, but for the tools i think we just keep the
>> current design.
>>
>> I agreed that there are some duplicate code in the rt and tools, and we
>> can reuse some of the code and put it into common module.
>> So, i mean what we need is just refactoring to use the common code, not
>> re-design to support the multiple databindings.
>>
>> Agree?
>>

> No, I strongly disagree. Have you ever used the other databindings? Each
> one hsa its own ups and downs. Did you see how in the bindmark
> benchmarks JiBX was twice as fast? And what happens if you need to
> access the XML infoset during parsing? Will JAXB cut it? No. But
> XMLBeans will.
>
> Yes, there are tons of databinding implementations out there, and this
> is exactly the reason we should have hooks to support them.
>
> - Dan

Hi Dan,

I agreed that for the RT, the performance is important, but it's not
true for the tools,
Tools work fine with JAXB, i didn't see any performance issues with JAXB
in tools, and users also didn't report any performance issues so far.
Have u met the performance issue with Celtixfire tools?

Cheers,
James.