cxf-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: Tooling, Code First Approach & Service Model
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:46:26 GMT
Hi Dan,
> Its a requirement. XFire supports it and we need a migration path for
> users using XMLBeans. XMLBeans provides access to the DOM underneath,
> which a lot of people like. Or take JiBX. It is about 2x faster than
> JAXB. There are a lot of pros and cons to the different databinding
> toolkits. Which one you use really depends on your situation.

I mean the tools works fine with jaxb, and currently i don't think that
we need to support all the databindings.
There are tons of databinding implementation out there[1], and there
will have more new databindings emerging .
Are we going to support all of those databindings? and Why the user need
to care which databinding they are using?

Maybe it's true for rt, but for the tools i think we just keep the
current design.

I agreed that there are some duplicate code in the rt and tools, and we
can reuse some of the code and put it into common module.
So, i mean what we need is just refactoring to use the common code, not
re-design to support the multiple databindings.

Agree?

[1] https://bindmark.dev.java.net/

Cheers,
James.