cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Wiki and Web
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:58:15 GMT
Hi Eric,
I'm not sure that all the old Celtix content will be all that relevant.
Probably the tooling stuff will, but I'm looking through the rest of the
celtix website and it doesn't seem like much of it should come wholesale
to Apache.

How about we get a simple website with the mailing list, source
repository, and project description up. I think it would be easiest to
just use confluence for this stage and have the html sync/export dumped
to the svn repository for our website. If people are really keen on
using forest, thats fine, but I find Confluence+Export removes the extra
generation + publish steps.

Concurrently, lets figure out what our requirements are for
documentation. I'm not a huge fan of the write, generate, publish
approach. I find the the wiki approach much faster as you get an instant
look at what your docs look like and there is no delay in publishing. I
understand we may want to have stuff checked over before being instantly
published though, so maybe we can do a hybrid approach with the manual
as a forest/xdoc/docbook type of thing and the rest of the site backed
by a wiki.

Regards,

- Dan

--