cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Mika Göckel <mika.goec...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Project name...
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:51:33 GMT
Hi.

Solas sounds really nice, but is the acronym for Safety of Life at Sea
as well and has got 6 Million Google hits.
 From a marketing point of view, we shouldn't cut all connections to the
ancestor projects.
I think it will create more confusion to come up with something
completely new and will destroy a great deal of automatic trust in the
projekt, just because the occasional passer-by will not notice where the
project has got it's roots. Open Source does not succeed through good
code only (and being at Apache) but needs a lot of "spread of the word"
(marketing)

So my -1 for Solas.
Apparently a -1 as well for Bodhran and Ceol (no connection to the roots
and too many google hits)

Mika

--
cyber:con gmbh