cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Project name...
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:31:27 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 10 Aug 06, at 3:42 AM 10 Aug 06, Cronin, Margo wrote:
>
>> OK, for something completely different - how about something with an
>> irish touch:
>>
>> Ceol (pronounced Key-ool) an irish word for music, Apache Ceol sounds
>> pretty good.
>>
>> Or
>>
>> Ceili (you all know what that is) Apacha Ceili
>>
>> Or
>>
>> Damhsa (pronounced daw-sa meaning to dance)
>> Rince (to dance),
>> Craic (meaning fun though Apache Craic doesn't seem to give a
>> positive connotation so forget that),
>> Bodhran (pronounced bow-ran the irish drum)
>>
>> Uisce (water)
>> Cnoc (mountain)
>> Carraig/creig (rock)
>> Aonach (fair/market)
>> Sioga (pronounced she-ooo-ga meaning the fairies - lots of irish
>> folklore about fairies!)
>>
>> Tine (pronounce tin-ne, meaning fire)
>> Solas (light)  Apache Solas sounds pretty good.
>
> Nice, I really like Solas! If you don't use it I'm going to steal it
> for a Maven project :-)
>

>> Apache Solas or Apache Ceol would be my favourites.

I really like Solas as well. There might be some trademark issues around
it - there are lots of FooSolas or SolasFoo companies around in the US
at least.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=psrh54.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=solas&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

But whats one more to the mix? As long we aren't in pumps or jewelery... :-)

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions