cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.John...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Wiki and Web
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:47:18 GMT
Dan,
I agree that most of the Celtix stuff is probably irrelevant to
CeltiXfire, but figured we needed to start somewhere...
I can certainly put something simple together that has a project
description and associated information. It will probably be easier for
me, initially at least, to put this together using straight HTML. I'm
sure confluence is easy to use, but I've never actually done it.
For site generation I'm not sure Forrest is actually the best way to go
either. I just put the Celtix info together as an experiment. I'm not
sure I like using the Confluence to build the main site either though.
Is there a way to lock down who can edit the content? Does this mean
that the wiki and the Web site are the same?
I suppose what I'm getting at is that I like the idea of having a wiki
that people can edit as a tech/dev zone sort of thing, but not as the
entry to the project. I like the idea of a static site that is reviewed
before being published as the front of the Web site. I think the front
page of the Web site should be a static HTML page that is stored
separately from the wiki. From that page we can link into Confluence,
Maven derived stuff, or Docbook derived stuff. That way the front page
is more tightly locked down and can present the best face for the
project.
It can be just straight HTML and thus avoid the generate->publish step.
As for the docs, I think we need to have them in a format that allows
other projects to easily consume them and work with them as they want.
Keeping them in Docbook allows others to take the docs and build them
into their own doc set if they like.
Cheers,
Eric

Moin.