cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Tomek Sztelak" <tszte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary of IRC discussions today....
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:23:09 GMT
On 8/8/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 19:57 -0400, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> >
> > Not all the other ASF channels are there. Maven's channel's have been
> > on Codehaus for many years. One dev mentioned he liked Codehaus
> > because we have a simple cgi script for accessing IRC via the web.
> > I'm happy to setup what the developers of the project want.
>
> I guess "rest of the ASF channels" was too strong! Sorry .. but clearly
> a majority of the ASF ones are. Its of course fine for projects which
> have it like that already but here we're creating a *new* channel and in
> that case its not clear why we wouldn't use freenode.
>
> That CGI script would be useful for many other ASF channels too .. any
> chance of getting that over to the freenode guys?

I have all ports blocked ( for the most part of the day ) so the only
way i can use irc is http access via http://irc.codehaus.org. If i can
access freenode in such way, i have nothing against moving there, but
in other case i won't be able to connect ( there is no way i can have
ony port open ). Thats why i prefer using Codehaus ( if its not a
problem ).

--
-----
When one of our products stops working, we'll blame another vendor