cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Quick code notes....
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:26:43 GMT

Just wanted to send out a quick note about the code that was put in apache....

The code in trunk is only the code that has been ported to the new
architecture and is working and has tests passing.   Thus, what's in trunk
really is the current state of the code.

There is a tag (tags/celtix/pre_apache) which contains a tag of what the trunk
looked like yesterday morning.   That has all the celtix code, unported
tests, the distribution stuff, etc....

I've created a branch off that tag (branches/post_apache_integration).   If
you have some work to do on stuff NOT yet moved over to trunk, feel free to
do it there.   As we start porting more things over, we'll try and "svn cp"
stuff from there.

FAQ's:
1) Where's the xfire code?
    The xfire repository hasn't been dumped/loaded yet.   However, the stuff
in trunk is designed from, and has significant contributions from the xfire
codebase.   In many places, the code is acutally closer to xfire than celtix.
We will be working on getting the xfire stuff loaded so the xfire demos and
such will be "svn cp"-able into the new kits.

2) What can I do to help?
    Good question.   The code in trunk is very early stages.   We just got
hello world working a couple days ago.   Thus, pretty much everything needs
to be done.   The big things would be to help get some of the tests (system
tests, unit tests, etc....) ported from the old "pre_apache" codebase to the
new codebase.  (or write new ones)   At this point, without the tests, we're
really not sure what does and does not work.    We also need to setup
distributions builds, meet all the incubator requirements (like notice files,
etc...),  etc...   There is LOTS of stuff to do.

3) What about JIRA?
     We're still working with the PMC's to get the IONA internal CXF JIRA
dumped and loaded into apache.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer