cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Project name...
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:55:58 GMT

When we made the CeltiXfire proposal, I know there was a lot of feedback
regarding the name.   Some liked it, some hated it, there were concerns of
trademarks, etc...

I know everyone basically said the name issues could be resolved during
incubating, but it would be nice to resolve it sooner.   We're going to have
to do a major package rename (org.objectweb/org.codehaus -> org.apache) and
it would be nice to settle on the next at the same time to minimize the
disruption.

So, the question is:  do we have to change the name or is celtixfire
acceptable? (with the proposed package name being org.apache.cxf)   Can
someone make heads/tails of all the recent naming discussions on the general
incubating list and figure out if we do or do not need to change it?
Trying to follow all those discussions is making my head spin.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer