cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Summary of IRC discussions today....
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:13:57 GMT
On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 19:57 -0400, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Not all the other ASF channels are there. Maven's channel's have been
> on Codehaus for many years. One dev mentioned he liked Codehaus
> because we have a simple cgi script for accessing IRC via the web.
> I'm happy to setup what the developers of the project want.

I guess "rest of the ASF channels" was too strong! Sorry .. but clearly
a majority of the ASF ones are. Its of course fine for projects which
have it like that already but here we're creating a *new* channel and in
that case its not clear why we wouldn't use freenode.

That CGI script would be useful for many other ASF channels too .. any
chance of getting that over to the freenode guys?

Anyway, its the real developers' call .. I'm pretty much lurking on this
list. In any case, its not a huge big deal to add another server to
xchat if that's the verdict.

Sanjiva.