cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Hani Suleiman <h...@formicary.net>
Subject Re: Configuration APIs
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:44:39 GMT
On Aug 11, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> However, there are some reasons user might want to use XBean. One
> thing for instance that David Blevins is adding/has added is
> allowing properties to be specified from the command line. I.e. -
> Dfoo.bar=baz would override the bar property of the foo bean from
> the command line.

What a nice....toy.

> I would however like to come up with a "here is the simplest way to
> use CXF if you don't care about what container you use"type of
> scenario - which would in essence be some hidden container
> underneath the covers. Spring 2.x would be a good choice here IMO,
> and we could add some of the XBean stuff if we need any additional
> functionality.

Right, a pure embedded mode (no container) guide, where you just add
in a servlet and programatically register your beans should be easy,
as well as a simple import/custom xml for spring2. Other containers
can likewise be supported. xbean is just another container. My
argument is that xbean should not be the 'this is the simplest way'
solution, where simplest is viewed as a third party non-mainstream
solution.